" Revealed Books "
Has the Quran Been Distorted?
Is not it possible that the Quran has been distorted like the other revealed books?
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Kept The Spread of the Quran Verses Under his Own Control
- Just after the each revelation, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) indited the revealed verses to his distinguished literate companions immediately.
- After getting the revelation written, Prophet Muhammad was having the scriptures repeated and corrected the mistakes if there any.
- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used to tell his followers “Copy the scriptures you wrote and distribute them to the other believers.” by this method the verses were being transmitted to all believers.
- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) definitely used to have his companions memorize the revelations. In other words the verses used to be copied by writing and memorized by the Muslims as well.
- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used to have the scriptures checked through memorizing and have the memorization checked through writing. The best example of this checking was that, every Ramadan Gabriel used to recite the verses revealed up to that Ramadan while the Prophet was listening. Then in the mosque, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used to recite the verses to his followers while Gabriel standing by him and correcting mistakes if there any. By this way, every Ramadan companions used to check all the surahs and verses revealed up to that time, as well.
- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used to entrust some of his companions with teaching the recitation of the Quran. Those Quran teachers used to both teach the Quran and check the recitations of those who already learned to read it.
- Furthermore, in order to preserve the Quran’s original copy, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), early on the revelation, forbade his companions from writing the sayings of him considering the possibility of his sayings being confused with the verses of the Qur'an.
Hadrat Osman Sent out Scriptures of the Quran to Various Places Throughout the World
During the Caliphate of Hadrat Abu Bakr, Quran was compiled into a book form, provided that there are at least two witnesses for each ayah. The witnesses must be of those actually heard the verses from the Prophet personally, and verifying each verse.
Then in the caliphate period of Hadrat Osman, the aforementioned scripture was manifolded. From the beginning to the end, all of the manifolded scriptures were read out in the big mosque in the presence of the other Muslims and sent out to various places throughout the world.
Even today, three of these manuscripts are still exist. One is in Topkapi Museum in Istanbul,Turkey; the other is in a museum in Tashkent, Uzbekistan and the third one is in India Office Library, London.
Comparing these three manuscripts, it is obviously seen that there is no difference between the books in terms of dimensions, orthography and calligraphy.
None of the holy books except the Quran went through inspection and manifolded as such scrupulously.
Munich University inspected over 42.000 Quran scriptures which were scripted in different times. At the end of long acting studies, they came to this conclusion “There is no difference between the scriptures of the Quran.”
Allah did not Promise to Preserve a Holy Book Other Than the “Qur’an”
Lo! We, even we, reveal the Reminder, and lo, we verily its guardian. (Hijr, 9)
No falsehood can approach it (Quran) from before or behind it. (Fussilet, 42)
Other communities, especially the Jews, for they broke their promise,changed the words of their holy book and caused the holy book of the Christians be distorted as well in different ways. On top of that, they have been stirring up trouble amongst the Muslims for 15 centuries. Nevertheless, they may not give any harm to the Quran; because the Guardian of the Quran is not the people, but it is Allah who protects it.
The I’jaz (being impossible to simulate) of Quran is Such a Miracle That it Precludes People From Inserting or Omitting Anything
I’jaz literally means people’s being impotent and incapable of providing a similar of something. There is a wonderful eloquence and stylistic purity in the Qur’an’s word order. The arrangement of the verses and the letters of The Quran is mutually interconnected in terms of meter, rhyming, order and composition. It is, infact, like the system formed in the clock counting the seconds, the minutes and the hours and completing each other’s order. Similar to that the sentences of the All-Wise Qur’an, and its words, and the order in the relationship between the sentences and words complete each other’s order. And an excellent harmony and entirety exist and are observed in the formation of each sentence,word and even letter. Thus, even if a letter of the Quran has been changed or deleted,the excellent harmony would be disturbed and if such a distortion had occurred, it would be impossible not to be noticed.
Not only the words, letters and verses but also the meanings they give are interconnected and form completeness. For example in some pages, a verse is the evidence of the next verse and the result of the previous verse.
The Qur’an’s wording is extraordinarily fluent and pure. One proof of this is that the Qur’an does not bore the senses but rather gives them pleasure even if it is recited thousands of times.
Quran addresses to each century and each human level among the society. As an eternal discourse addressing all human beings regardless of time or place and level of understanding, it should - and does – have a never-fading freshness.
Quran express lots of meanings with few words. Its phraseology is marvelous, unique and convincing.
Quran preserves its youth, freshness. In every other century Qur’an becomes younger, in that the more technology develops, the better the miracles of the Qur’an are explained and uncovered. Because Allah (swt) informed us about anything in the universe.
“With Him are the keys of the Unseen, the treasures that none knoweth but He. He knoweth whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. Not a leaf doth fall but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a Record clear (to those who can read).” (Al-An’aam, 59)
Quran did not Imitate Any Book and Any Book Could not Imitate Quran
An expression cannot perform these miraculous aspects unless it belongs to Allah. A human is not able to perform these miraculous aspects in his expression because the addressing and the wording of the Qur’an and the creations of Allah are above all other humanproducts. So if the expressions and verses of Quran had been changed or any insertions had been done to it, any intellect would notice that those expressions do not belong to the Quran, but belong to a human. Just as it is impossible not to be noticed of a crow’s voice among the nightingales, so any human definitely would notice the different word and sentence structures not integrating with the Quran.
“Allah” preserves the Quran and makes it impossible to be distorted by creating hundred millions of people reading, reciting, memorizing and preserving it all over the world. Kaynak: https://askaquestionto.us - Has the Quran Been Distorted?