" Salah (Prayer) "
What is Salah (Prayer)?
What does "salah" mean?
- Salah is Arabic “صلاة ” . (prayer)
- It is the name of the formal prayer in Islam.
- It is one of the five pillars of Islam.
- Performing salah is obligatory (fard) on all Muslims who reach to adolescence.
- Salah is prescribed at five periods of the day. Times of salah are measured according to the movement of the sun. These are:
1) Near dawn (fajr),
2) After the sun's noon (dhuhr),
3) In the afternoon (asr),
4) Just after sunset (maghrib),
5) Around nightfall (isha’a) Kaynak: http://askaquestionto.us - What is Salah (Prayer)?